Monday, August 9, 2010

Tri-shutter card

This was my first attempt at a tri-shutter card; as usual the most difficult bit was converting inches into cms! LOL! I am defenitely a "metrics woman", I can't get to work out anything that comes in inches!!

Papers belong to the Retro Rose collection, by Lewelyn-Bowen; the flower stamp is Anita's; the sentiment stamps are Hero Arts; Fiskars border punch; ribbons, papers and buttons from my own stash.

What do you think of the colours, patterns and papers? I must admit that I was not 100% convinced when I started working with them, even though they belong to the same collection and are supposed to match. It took me while, until I got the embellishments figured out, to "see" the whole card finally taking shape and the colours and patterns fitting together nicely. I am fairly happy with the final result, but as said, I am aware it is a wacky colour combination that may not appeal to everyone.
Give me your opinion - yeah or neah?

My card enters the following challenges:
Challenge up your Life - Celebrations
Blog-a-doodle - Birthday
Crafty Cardmakers - Birthday
Craft your Days Away - favourite things (my Fiskars border punches)
Wild Orchid - One for the Girls

11 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

I think its fabulous ... brilliant use of Lawrence's papers ... i love him! So of course i love your card .. you have done a great job of the shutter card
Lisa ;)

Bev said...

Fabulous card! Thanks for joining us at WOC this week x

A.J. said...

Lovely card, I like the colour scheme. I also like the shape of the card, I must get round to making one of those too!

Thanks for joining in with our challenge at Craft Your Days Away

Crafty Creations by AJ
Amanda

Faye said...

What an amazing card, you just rock! xx

pojjo said...

Lovely card :D

Crafting Joanne said...

What a gorgeous tri-shutter card, I love the colours and lovely papers you've used.

Thank you for joining us for our very first challenge over at CYDA.

Hugs

Joanne x

Lesley said...

Fabulous card! I made one once! Great colours! Thanks for taking part in the CYDA challenge xx

Wendy Colledge said...

WOWZA!!!This is gorgeous!!

debb said...

Fab tri shutter - it is amazing!

snehal watwe welde said...

Fabulous ......can't wait to give it a try.

Linby said...

I have this collection of papers and you have inspired me to do something similar, I love what you have achieved.
Linbyx