Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Flirty Purse Mini Album

For the last couple of days I had an urge to use chocolate brown and pink colours in my creations. I am not mad, this happens often in my head and it is a good sign of inspiration :-) The initial idea when I got crafting yesterday was to make a (yet another) square, girly card using this colour combo but in a strange twist my card developed into a mini album for my baby daughter - I am planning to use this little Flirty Purse to keep photos of her first spring in this world. She is growing so quickly!
I managed to finish most of the mini album yesterday afternoon, while she was sleeping. She had had a bad morning (I wonder if she will start teething soon?) so she slept for 5 hours in the afternoon, very unusual for her!!! Needless to say I made the most of that time crafting :-)
I take photos of my baby daughter nearly every day, and the ones I will take in the coming weeks, while going for walks in the park and enjoying the first signs of spring, will go into this album. I had fun making this little purse, I hope you like it too.
I used Marie Stone's pink and brown digital paper, as well as Bearly Mine Designs'; the pink brads, the brown flowers, the twine and the spotty ribbon are from my stash; the image coloured with Letraset Promarkers and paper pieced with the BMD paper.

 Some challenges:
Cupcake Craft - Anything but square
Pear Tree Design - Ribbon
Fussy and Fancy - Paper piecing and embossing
Totally Papercraft - Paper piecing
Stamp Something - Flowers
Stampin' B's - Flowers
Crazy 4 challenges - Flowers
One Stop Challenges - Spring flowers
Ladybug Crafts - Stitching
I love Promarkers - Stitching
Craft your Passion - Girly girl
Wild Orchid - Anything goes
Paper Playtime - Anything goes
Sentimental Sundays - Anything goes

23 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

what a cute little bag .. perfect for your daughters photos.
Love the colour combo
Thanks for joining us at LCI this week
Lisa ;)

Kerry said...

This is gorgeous...I love pink and brown together...one of my favourite colour combos. Such a lovely keepsake for your daughter when she's older. Thanks for playing along at LCI this week xx

WeirdCat said...

Fabulous little bag, great colours, thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers this week
Ruth x

theCook said...

How nice! Thanks for playing with us at LCI this week!

Tine said...

Hi. Great project & I am sure your daughter will appreciate it when she is older too. Wonderful idea & a wonderful keepsake. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers.
Tine :)

Whimsey said...

What a cute little purse; love it and your colors are fabulous! Love the image and LOVE the polka dot paper - yummy!

Thanks for joining us at LCI this week!

Hugs,
Michele

pinky said...

Love what you have made, gorgeous colours and papers. Thanks for playing along at LCI this week.
Pinky

Francesca said...

Stunning card

Thanks for joining us at One stop craft challenge this week and good luck!

Hugs
Francesca

Flutterby Trina said...

Beautiful creation! Thanks for joining us at Pear Tree Designs for our ribbon challenge! good Luck

xxx

Pami said...

What a gorgeous project and such a lovely idea! I love those colours together as well. Thanks so much for sharing with us at LCI this week. Pami x

Vicky said...

What a cute project hun! love the wee image and super dp's too :o)

thanks for joining us at totally papercrafts and good luck!!

hugs Vicky xx

Cheryl said...

Your project is adorable! Thank you for joining our Anything Goes challenge at Sentimental Sundays .

~Cheryl~

Posh Cat Crafts said...

Ooohh this is sooo different. I Love it!! Thank you for joining us at Craft your Passion this week
Hugs
Tamara GDT

elsi67 said...

Very cute purse! Thanks for playing with us at WOC ♥

LouDotMac said...

This is gorgeous - lovely colours and that MFT stamp is just adorable!!

Thanks for joining us over at Pear Tree Designs in our 'Ribbon' challenge - good luck.

Lou Mac. xo

Mary J said...

OMG, this is toooo cute! I adore it! Thx for sharing with us at Ladybug Crafts Ink!

Mary J xx

Faye said...

Oh it's absolutely beautiful and perfect for what you're planning to use it for. xxx

Stephanie said...

Great mini album. Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.

Susie said...

Beautiful purse, love the colours and cute image! Thanks for joining us at Pear Tree Designs this week and good luck xx

Glenda said...

Such a beautiful mini album--love the purse shape, colors, and the pretty image! Thanks for playing with us at Paper Playtime!
Glenda
http://glendascards.blogspot.com/

Tiara Moore said...

What an adorable little purse! It will be PERFECT for your daughter's first spring! I love the paper piecing too! Thanks for playing with us at Fussy and Fancy and good luck!

Tiara

Wendy Colledge said...

Fabulous darling! Awwwh, we have to meet up soon ;o))

ps.
I have a little something for you here xx

Wendy Colledge said...

Sorry my darling, the link is here xx