Monday, March 8, 2010

Shoulder bag

Over the last year I have been practising with small sewing projects, trying to improve my sewing skills in order to be able to incorporate fabric in my designs. Last October I found a beautiful pattern for a shoulder bag and decided to give my rusty sewing skills a go. I learnt to sew as a child, but hadn't touched a needle or a machine for years. My sewing skills are still far from great now, but I must admit that this was a fairly straight forward pattern, lovely to work with, and I am delighted with the result.
Now, I only need good weather to go with the flowery bag! :-)
Let me know what you think.

Bag pattern and design by Elizabeth Hartman from http://www.ohfransson.com/

1 comment:

Lisa Jane said...

what a lovely little bag - perfect for spring.I think your sewing skills are great.
Lisa ;)