Tuesday, September 20, 2011

A not too girlie card

Another of my son's friends is celebrating her birthday this week, so when I asked him to tell me what she is like in order to make a suitable card for her, his answer was quick and clear: She is not very girlie, mama, so nothing like Barbies... she is a bit of a tomboy actually! I thought it was very funny that at this early age kids can already sense other people's likes, dislikes and personalities.
Anyway, I put my thinking cap on and decided to go only a tiny bit girlie - hence the pink colour, but also adding some browns and blue. And since I remember this girl walking her dog very often my decision was to use this cute little birthday dog image on her card.
The stripe paper is from BMD, the polka dot paper is from Josscraps and the paws one, I am not sure to be honest. The image of the cute dog with the birthday balloons is Tiddly Ink, coloured with Letraset Promarkers and googly eyes; sentiment computer generated and mounted on 3D pads; the number is a foam sticker.
The photo is not great but I hope you like the card.
Onto some challenges:
The sketch is from Eat, Sleep, Stamp
My Mum's craft shop - Happy Birthday
Lexi's Creations - Card for a child
Crafts your Days away - Pink, brown and blue

7 comments:

Deb said...

Beautiful card!
Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge!
Have a great day, happy crafting, Debxx

Doreen said...

Just gorgeous and I am sure your sons friend will love it.xxx

Unknown said...

Awww such a cute card ....loved it

Tracy said...

This is TOOOOOO cute! She will no doubt love this card. I love the way you son described her. Precious!! I like how the image is the main focal point of the card. It really shows off your amazing coloring! Thank you for playing along with Sketchy Thursday!
Hugs,
Tracy

Gaynor Greaves said...

gorgeous card thanks for sharing with us at CYDA, Gaynor DT :)

Faye said...

Oh just fab. Love all the papers and that cute image. Gorgeous. xxx

Amanda said...

Great card!

Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Days Away.

Amanda